Sunday 30 January 2011

Supporter Thanks Day 2011

BarryBarry writes:

It's that time of year again! New arrivals, photo ops, players in drag - the annual Supporter Thanks Day took place at the sprawling Twin Messe exhibition centre this afternoon. As much as all the various things to do, it was a chance to bump into all those faces behind the goal I'd not seen for a while. The season can't start soon enough!

Just shy of 6000 people turned out for a classic afternoon of S-Pulse related fun and occasional sillyness. I'm tired after another late one watching Japan claim the crown of Asian Kings, so I'll let the pictures do the talking. To have a look at 2009 and 2010's Thanks Days just click.
What it was all about

That new kit up close
The Boss
Orange suits you, fella!
Iwashita struck up conversation with me :)
I drew Nagai for my photo
Ono - Player of the year 2010
Outrageousness
Brighton and Hove Albion - S-Pulse Collaboration

5 comments:

William said...

Have you seen 岡崎慎司選手? Somehow I can sense 岩下敬輔選手 is a very easy going dude, I really wanna visit Shizuoka. Good picture with the cheer leader, lucky guy!

Barry said...

Haha, thanks! I had to line up for 15 minutes - it was a very popular photo opportunity! :-D

Sadly Okazaki is already off on his overseas adventure so wasn't around to say goodbye, although I saw him at last year's event. No picture, though. :(

William said...

Sad to be Okazaki gone, but how come the team still including him on the team player list? While Higuchi will be wearing 22, not number 23?

Barry said...

I think they're just being slow in updating the listings. Okachan signed a contract with his new team yesterday.

Nerdy said...

Gotta wonder wth hell goes through these peoples heads dresssing up as pole dancers to meet the fans....It doesn`t seem that big a deal (its Japan, etc etc)but if you step back and think about it for a minute....WHAT THE F``K is that!!???